BACK TO CALIFORNIA- PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT ~ Changing Careers: Physician Assistant Bound
Changing Careers: Physician Assistant Bound: BACK TO CALIFORNIA- PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT

Monday, March 7, 2016

BACK TO CALIFORNIA- PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT

Arizona-> Alaska-> and now California.

Jobs are plentiful as a physician assistant and options are endless. As mentioned in my last post I went to work in rural Alaska for a 6 month contract. What an experience and opportunity to grow as a primary care provider. Rural Alaska, hundreds of miles from any hospital or city. I worked on an island with a small population - primarily fishing community. In this environment, as a provider, you had to be able to do all medical jobs of a health clinic. Triage, registration, vitals, blood draws, immunizations, intravenous lines, emergency medical care, medevac protocols etc.. was required. There are no nursing, no medical assistants. There is a small office staff and small clinical staff.

I now returned home where it all began. Working in a typical suburban primary care facility is much different than the rural jobs I left behind.

Working as a Physician Assistant is great and a wonderful calling to help many people in need. Check out the e-book about how to get accepted into a program.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/749218

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ben, My name is Bridget and I am a PhD researching PA narratives online. I would really appreciate the opportunity to talk with you about your experience using the blog to share your personal story as a PA. If you're interested, I would look forward to scheduling a brief telephone interview with you. You can reach me by email: bridget.meade@uhasselt.be and I hope we can set something up! Best, Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben - Congratulations on your success and overall happiness! Your blog has given me such hope in switching careers (same business-finance background as yourself). I've purchased and read your e-book, and I still have a couple of floating questions. Please send me an email at: Angelabarrientos30@gmail.com or provide your email so that I can ask you a couple of questions!

    Thanks in Advance.

    Best,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is very inspirational. I'm currently exploring career opportunities for returning to work after my daughter starts school. I studied Art History in undergrad and worked in IT project management before staying home with my daughter. I do have some chemistry, biology and psychology courses (but it's been 5 years so they're probably expired :-P). I'm really seeking a counseling-type position that allows me to make a strong impact on individuals and I have a high interest in health and wellness. I'm sure your studies were extremely rigorous - how did you balance school and family?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete