Landing the perfect job as a physician assistant (PA) ~ Changing Careers: Physician Assistant Bound
Changing Careers: Physician Assistant Bound: Landing the perfect job as a physician assistant (PA)

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Landing the perfect job as a physician assistant (PA)


I have recently been working on a class project that asked me to research the national and state perspectives of the role of physician assistants in locations such as: skilled nursing facilities, psychiatric facilities, home health care, outpatient care, and education. I began by doing some research and I have become facinated with the diverse roles that are needed and can be chosen as a physician assistant.

There are so many choices and fields of medicine that physcian assistants can choose to pursue. I have decided to continue my research on the different areas of profession and find out the barriers of entry and needs that exist. I am also trying to research the best approach to land a great job with limited experience and knowledge. What steps should you take as you are in school, after school; who do I talk to?; what experience opportunities are availabe?; what are job employers looking for? etc....

I have come across a great site that is designed for mid level clinicians such as physician assistants to find jobs. It is called pagigs.com. I thought it was a great site and shows that there are many possiblities of employment after graduation. I decided to put a link to the site on my blog. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment