First week of class ~ Changing Careers: Physician Assistant Bound
Changing Careers: Physician Assistant Bound: First week of class

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First week of class

The program has officially begun and I am swamped with material. PA school is a pursuit I have been focused on for several years and it was surreal being in the classroom. The first two days were an orientation with many documents to review, technology information, and q and a availability. The next few days we dove into the material and began preparing for our first exam...which is in two weeks. Pathophysiology appears to be a "weeding out" class with a 75% minimum grade required to continue in the program. We are covering a "typical" semester worth of material every two weeks. Its intense and anxiety promoting but it is assuring to think of the hundreds and hundreds who have come before me and passed and are now practicing clinicians.

Well back to the books. For those of you who are still in the process of preparing your applications and pursuing the pa path; keep up the hard work and achieve what you set out to achieve. I can't wait to have a fulfilling career that will enable me to critically think, help others, and provide a good lifestyle for my family and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment