The Rise & Fall of Life ~ Changing Careers: Physician Assistant Bound
Changing Careers: Physician Assistant Bound: The Rise & Fall of Life

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Rise & Fall of Life

Hello Everyone!,

About 3 years ago my life as I knew it changed forever. Approaching the age of thirty and establishing a family and rooted life... I lost my job. I experienced every emotion imaginable but especially an overwhelming constant concern of WHAT TO DO NEXT!

"Life is a storm. You will bask in the sunlight one moment and then be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, do your worst, for I will do mine."

---Get to the point---
This blogs' intent is to outline the steps I took to become accepted to a physician assistant (PA) program, describe & display my life in PA school, and ultimately my life after PA school. I hope to assist those desiring to follow this career path through my experiences and also encourage all to find the best path for them to take in this journey through life notwithstanding what "storms" come their way.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thank you for the insight into your journey of becoming a PA. Reading your first few blogs and after purchasing the e-book, it reads what I am currently experiencing today. I'd like to get some more information regarding what your Bachelor's degree was in. I'm from the SF Bay Area and would love to get into the UC Davis PA program but noticed under pre-requisites to apply is a bachelor's degree in a health-related field. I finished my undergrad in Business and will be expected to obtain my MBA before Fall of this year.

    Thanks again!

    - Carlo M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carlo... I'm not sure if you received the response I emailed to you or not. I graduated from UC Davis and I did not have a degree in a health related field. They have recently made some changes to the program so this may now be the standard. I would recommend making a spreadsheet of all the different programs and isolate the programs that allow you to have a non-health related degree and meet the criteria that you are looking for... (cost, out of state acceptance, etc..) Please email me anytime at changecareertoday@gmail.com

      Delete